Book design services include all facets of the finished product from start to finish, with professional layout and typesetting and working up to complete cover design and binding, all while working with the author to portray the optimal reflection of their work.
Our Layout & Design Services include:
When your book is ready for print, typesetting is the final touch. Too many times, typesetting is overlooked by self-published authors, making their finished product appear amateurish and un-readable. We offer full typesetting and layout services that far exceed the industry standard.
$0.005 per word
Our typesetting team uses Adobe InDesign – the industry standard for book publication – and has decades of experience ensuring that your finished manuscript is the best possible reflection of the editing process. Many self-publishing entities will print the file you give them, sans any final proofing. Our typesetters will check for errors in:
- “Widows and orphans”
- Consistency in font size and type
We can usually complete the Typesetting process within two to three weeks of submission, depending on the size of our current work queue. To learn more or to order our Typesetting service, please use the Service Request Page or call 559-358-4843.
Custom Cover Design (Print & eBook)
With the flood of books on the market these days, it’s crucial that you have one that stands out above the rest, not just in writing and editing, but in appearance and visual appeal. The cover of your book is like a doorway to the hard work you have inside, and we’ll help you produce a portal that people will want to open.
This package includes:
- An initial design consultation – in person for those who live locally or by phone for those who don’t – to discuss your book and ideas for a cover with the desired image
- One round of revisions to the layout with your feedback
- Custom book cover layout
- Custom stylized typography for all cover text
- Custom placement of text and photos on the cover
- Use of a single, unaltered image set against a solid colored background
Our design and marketing teams have the years of experience and skill needed to create a cover that best represents your book.
After completing a brief questionnaire, you’ll be contacted via phone and e-mail to discuss and solidify your cover ideas. You’ll work with the design team to select the appropriate fonts for your title, author name, and text on the back cover. You’ll be asked to upload the image you would like on the cover, or we can use one of the many stock photos we have on file. Finally, you will review the finished cover design and provide feedback, and once you approve the final custom cover design, we’ll add the new cover to your book file for publication.
We can usually complete the Custom Cover Design process within two weeks of the final submission, depending on the size of our current work queue. To learn more or to order our Custom Cover Design service, please use the Service Request Page or call 559-358-4843.
Custom Cover Design Plus (Print & eBook)
With the Custom Cover Design Plus package, you’ll receive all the same features and expertise as the Custom Cover Design, but you’ll be collaborating with our professional design team every step of the way to produce a professional looking cover for your work in a more unique and personalized way.
- Multiple rounds of revision
- Multiple revision options with each alteration request
We can usually complete the Custom Cover Design Plus process within two weeks of the final submission, depending on the size of our current work queue. To learn more or to order our Custom Cover Design Plus service, please use the Service Request Page or call 559-358-4843.
Convert your print-ready book into an eBook to reach a new and internationally-increasing fan base. The growth of eBooks has created a potential fan base that is easier to reach, yields higher returns, and makes a wonderful advertising tool.
- Includes dynamic Table of Contents
- Includes up to 50 embedded hyper-links
- Will follow the layout and design of your hardbound book – as close as is possible – to maintain the integrity of your work.
The exponential growth of the eBook marketplace over the past several years has created a whole new venue for profit in the digital world. We will get your e-book published using the latest ePub and mobi standards, making it available for purchase through major online eBook distribution channels, including iPad, Kindle and Nook!
* Must have a print-ready paperback or hardback book in digital format
* If your work requires other options or extended use of the features we offer, such as a Children’s picture book or other work containing a lot of images or special formatting, we can facilitate any needs, contact us to speak with a representative of the digital media department for a personalized quote.
We can usually complete the eBook Conversion process within two to four weeks of your order, depending on the size of our current work queue. To learn more or to order our eBook Conversion service, please use the Service Request Page or call 559-358-4843.
Printing & Binding
Price: Price per book varies, depending on the length of the book and the quantity ordered.
Once your book is formatted for print, let us help you finish the process and create a professional and appealing looking product, ready for market and distribution.
- Trade Paperback – The 9×6 Trade Paperback is the most popular size for newly published works on both the Indie market and from the major publication houses.
- Hardback – A more traditional and long-lasting book, we can provide the hardback binding for a myriad of books sizes and widths.
- Leatherbound – Perfect for a gift or a more collectible option, the leather-binding process is available in many different colors, textures, and imprinted options, including personalized covers.
All of our book printing options are competitively priced, of professional quality, and printed locally here in California’s Central Valley. For a quote, contact us to speak with a representative from the Production Department.
We can usually complete the binding process within three to four weeks of submission, depending on the size of our current work queue. To learn more or to order our Copyediting service, please use the Service Request Page or call 559-358-4843.